We recognise the emotional toll that navigating the postgraduate programme can take, particularly for those who are racially marginalised.
Regular “Centre Chats” will run throughout the academic year, providing a space for PGRs to discuss their experiences of the University in small groups. This is an opportunity to ask questions, raise issues, or simply share thoughts and reflections.
These chats will be open to postgraduate researchers of colour across the University.
Centre Chats are not only an opportunity to share and reflect on everyday experiences, they are also a way of meeting other PGRs of colour beyond your department or field. They take place in a relaxed environment over lunch (provided by us!)
Dates for the Autumn Semester (2023) are as follows:
- Friday 27th October (1– 2pm) The Wave, Seminar Room 8
- Monday 27th November (1– 2pm) Student Union, View Room 4
- Thursday 14th December (12–1pm) Mount Lebanon, West Street
Taking Space Support Group
- Thursday 12th October (3.30 – 5pm)
- Thursday 23rd November (3.30 – 5pm)
- Thursday 14th December (3.30 – 5pm)
These sessions will take place at 31 Claremont Crescent, and facilitated by Ronald Mutambirwa and Angela Barrows.